Sunday, May 8, 2011

:: 110508 ::

Well, it's been awhile since I've been here. And hey, it's Mothers day. Happy Mum's day, mum. :)

Let's see, whats new...? Well, or what's same ol same ol...my lower back is still fucked up, hurts whenever I cough/sneeze. Bending over or getting up needs me to support myself..! Omg, I know I should see a chiropractor but...*sigh* hoping this heals.

Oh, elections are just over. People in white won again, mostly. But th amount of disgruntled citizens this year is pretty astounding..lots more opposition supporters. But while that may be good, I personally think most people have lost sight of th whole point to electing a political party or power into place, and are just voting with emotions or to go against the flow. Oh well...

On another note, today while going up to grandmum's, we spotted this old Chinese dude crossing th road while it was green for th lane..! He had made it across 2 n a half lanes and onto th third in a 4 lane/ 2 way road which led me to believe that he was still going when th blinking man turned red when it was time to cross, since he moved so bloody slow.

Th thing is, what struck me was that while cars did slow down to prevent hitting him, a young Malay youth walked up to him in th middle of th road to help him a across. Now what doubly made it a nice gesture and gained my enduring respect, was that th Malay dude was those 'maht rocker' kinda young dude, someone whom I wouldn't have really expected to care. While it's something that we could all have done, it's still really nice to have seen that happen with my own eyes. Eventually they both got across to th pavement and went their separate was: th ol man by himself after thanking him, and th Malay dude with his friend.

It's nice to see that in this time of volatility and discontent in this vast sea of humanity, some of us can still uphold th small simple virtues of well, just doing th right thing. :) Malay dude, whoever u are, bless you man.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: